HFK Limited and staff were very fortunate to have come through this event relatively unscathed. We have received structural clearance from our engineers and we are now fully operational.
One of our biggest priorities is to support our clients over the coming weeks and months.
As a result of the earthquake, there has been a significant amount of damage to property and business disruption is a likelihood for many.
The challenges facing you may include:
* Immediate staffing issues. You may not be able to open or staff may not be available to work.
* Insurance claims for both property loss and business interruption.
* Operational issues where property has been damaged and is not able to be used.
* Cashflow issues while business returns to normal.
* IT system issues. Either equipment support or accessing information.
Our phone, fax, emails and other communications are operating and we urge you to contact us if any information is required. We will be regularly updating our website with additional earthquake related content so feel free to refer to this at any time .
If you have any investments under our administration we will communicate with you in this regard within the next few days. Those of you who have GST due today, don’t worry about it, but contact us when you can and we can assist. If you require any assistance with anything at all, please let us know.
The Inland Revenue Department has announced that they will take a sympathetic and realistic approach with businesses that are unable to meet their tax obligations as a result of the earthquake. If you think that you will have difficulty meeting your tax obligations, please contact us and we will liaise with the IRD on your behalf.
These websites may also be useful tools and sources of information:
Other HFK news can be found here